April 5, 2014

Thank You {SSSC214}

Hi there and welcome to Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch! L.O.V.E. this week's sketch and I think you will, too. I hope you get a chance to play along!

For my card today, I used the new Gerbera Daisy Die-namics (Free with $60) from My Favorite Things. Rather than cut the flowers from a colored card stock, I cut them from Smooth White card stock and colored them with my Copic markers. Love the soft look it gives the daisy. I used the Leaf-Filled Flourish to cut the leaves from Sour Apple card stock. Each Primitive White Layer was dry embossed with the Large Chevron Stripes Stencil. The sentiment is from Lisa Johnson's new set, Beautiful Baby, and was stamped in Chocolate Brown ink.

This card was also created for the Stencils: Styling with Stencils Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Here is my card:


Detail shot of the embossing:


I finished the inside with a cluster of hearts made with the two heart stamps from Beautiful Baby.


Here is this week's sketch:


Don't forget to check out the samples from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team:

Jenny Peterson (sitting out this week)
Karen Motz  (sitting out this week)
Lynn Put (sitting out this week)

Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my card:




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

9 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so beautiful, Jackie! When I first saw the embossed chevron pattern I couldn't figure out how you did it, then I saw that you "dry" embossed, totally forgot about that technique, thanks for the reminder since I do have quite a few stencils!

Gabby said...

Beautiful card, Jackie! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Love your card Jackie, that chevron BG is awesome and the flower is beautiful!!! Such a fun idea to color the die cut with copics!! I wanna come play with you in your craft room!!!

Dana White said...

Jackie this is beautiful. The soft cream then the pop for the flower is perfect

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the coloring on the daisy and the layered chevron background panels.

Tracy said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous Jackie! No surprise here. You inspire me everyday girl. When are we getting together?!?!

Tracy said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous Jackie! No surprise here. You inspire me everyday girl. When are we getting together?!?!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the red and gold in the first card and the embossing of the stars.
The white on white is fabulous and the punch of color is stunning. Great cards.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love how you colored up this flower!